On the 21 April we had our AGM. These are the minutes:
- Welcome and introduction by the Chairman.
Jon Spencer welcomed everyone to the Annual General meeting.
- Minutes of Annual General Meeting of 20 March 2015: They were approved without dissent.
- Matters arising from last AGM: None.
- Chairman’s Report 2016: Jon highlighted the highs and lows of the year and thanked those who had given their support, time and financial contribution. The full text is published here:
5. Treasurer’s report and accounts:
Roger presented the detailed accounts of the Forum. Thanks to the increase in annual subscriptions from £5 to £10 last year we are on a much sounder financial footing, although there was a fall in members from 66 to 60. This is being addressed by regular reminders for those who need to renew. The report can be found on the website. The meeting approved the report without dissent.
Jon has been Chair for 3 years and is finding the commitment too much to bear. He stood down and asked if there were any nominations for a replacement. None was forthcoming so Jon has agreed to stay as interim Chair for 3 months. He urged members to think about candidates and we will need an EGM to elect a new Chair. Jon also asked for nominations for vice-chair and secretary. Jon also explained a little about the roles. No nominations were forthcoming and so both will need to be chosen at the EGM. Roger was only candidate for Treasurer and was willing to continue. Other roles for committee members were explained.
Chairman: Jon Spencer will continue for 3 months as interim. Replacement to be decided at EGM.
Vice-chairman: to be decided at EGM.
Secretary: to be decided at EGM.
Treasurer: Roger Inkpen was the only nomination. He was elected nem.com.
Notice: an EGM will need to be held by mid-July.
7. Committee members: A communications officer is needed to co-ordinate posts for the website, Facebook, Twitter and chase stories for newsletters. Jon Riding agreed to take this role. Roger will continue organising rides. The following were sole nominations and were elected nem.com. en bloc:
|Joe McGannan||John Holland|
|Mike Dobson||Phil Kirkham|
|Tom Hart||Nicola Waight|
|Jon Riding||Jacek Kopecky|
|Matthew Winnington||Ian Saunders|
8. Close: The Chair thanked all for attending.
The AGM closed at 7.45pm. This was followed by an exercise to follow-up the City to Share cycle strategy. Feedback from this will be uploaded to the website.