Portsmouth Cycle Forum hosts around 5 open meetings a year, several rides (usually on Sundays), and we also announce here other cycling-related events. The open meetings include invited presentations on interesting cycling developments around the country, and discussions on cycling issues and ideas for the city. We regularly have attendees from the City Council at these meetings.
20 06 2019 - June Open Meeting
Speakers to be announced
@ TBC (likely to be Richmond Building, Burnaby Road)
Starts at 18:45, duration is 02:15 hours.
29 06 2019 - John Holland Memorial Day: Sat 29th June
John Holland Memorial Day: Saturday 29th June 2019
See here for full details and poster to download, summary below:
Stacey Centre Community Orchard (with Mens’ Shed and The Community Cycle Centre
Bike ride and cake stop - led by Portsmouth Cycle Forum
- Tree planting and dedication
- Arrive from 2pm for 2.30pm dedication
- Stacey Centre, Walsall Road, Copnor, PO3 6DN
- No need to book
No6 Cinema, 6 PM:
- Leisurely ride from Stacey Centre to No.6 Cinema with cake stop
- Arrive 3pm for 3.30pm departure
- Courtyard Café (at Southsea Castle, for around 4.15pm)
- Arrive at No.6 cinema for around 6pm. Secure bicycle parking.
- Booking essential: Go to Eventbrite.com and search “John Holland Memorial Bike Ride” or click here
- Tea and Cake,
- Unveiling of a memorial plaque and,
- Screening of Moonrise Kingdom (12A), one of John’s favourite films.
- Tickets: £10 each (incl. tea and cake) only available online at http://www.no6cinema.co.uk/.
- All profits will be divided between the Rowans Hospice and the Lymphoma Research Trust.
@ Various - starts at Stacey Centre, Baffins
Starts at , duration is All-day event